[Announcement] New Slicer forum

Isaiah Norton-2
Hi folks,

We are happy to invite the community to test a new location for Slicer discussions:

Login is available via Google, GitHub, and Facebook (as well as stand-alone email).

Discourse is an open source, modern, integrated, mobile-friendly forum platform with excellent categorization and moderation tools. In addition to the web interface, Discourse has a good mailing list mode, for those who prefer to interact via email. The evaluation of Discourse grew out of discussions on the mailing list and at Project Week [1,2], and it seems to meet the identified needs well [3].

We are grateful to Discourse for offering their Open Source hosting plan!

Please try it out: post questions in "Support", and feedback in the "Forum feedback" category. Barring any unforeseen issues, the slicer-users and slicer-devel mailing lists will probably be retired to archive mode (read-only) after a testing period.

Best,
Isaiah

Re: [Announcement] New Slicer forum

Sharp, Gregory C.

Hi Isaiah,

Thank you and the group for setting this up.

It seems clicking “Enable mailing list mode” is needed to make discourse behave as a mailing list.

What e-mail address do I send to when create a new post?

Are there different e-mail addresses for different forum sections?

Any other helpful tips for e-mail users?

Greg

Re: [Announcement] New Slicer forum

Isaiah Norton-2
Hi Greg,

Great point! Here's a short how-to for mailing list use (please suggest changes as needed):

Best,
Isaiah

On Tue, Apr 11, 2017 at 9:19 AM, Sharp, Gregory C. <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

dispose of the e-mail.