How can I use segment editor to segment the 125I radioactive seeds in CT scan and calculate the brachytherapy dose

How can I use segment editor to segment the 125I radioactive seeds in CT scan and calculate the brachytherapy dose

hongtao zhang

Hi Everyone,
I am working with Tina Kapur now. I am a doctor and physicist focus on 125I seeds brachytherapy in China. It is difficult to use TPS to segment the seed in CT automatically. Is there a way to segment the seeds with slicer easily?  And  I know the slicer can not be used to calculate the dose of brachytherapy. Is there some one who want to add this function to slicer? I have many patients' data in hand. If someone have the interest, please contact me. We can work together. The attach files are seeds brachytherapy patient.​​
Thank you very much.
Best,
--
Hongtao Zhang MD.
Attending doctor and physicist.

Re: How can I use segment editor to segment the 125I radioactive seeds in CT scan and calculate the brachytherapy dose

pinter

Hi Hongtao,

We have been in contact about brachy planning, so yes, there are people who are interested. I was attending a workshop that was very busy, so that’s why I haven’t answered, sorry! I don’t know about anybody else except the people I already coordinate with.

However if anybody on the mailing list is interested, please let us know!

I will load your data and see how easy it is to segment the seeds.

csaba

Re: How can I use segment editor to segment the 125I radioactive seeds in CT scan and calculate the brachytherapy dose

Sharp, Gregory C.

AAPM TG-43 dose calculation formalism is dead easy to implement.

You probably want to identify seeds as fiducials rather than using segment editor.

But someone would need to validate, such as film or other measurements.

-Greg