How to access the data?

wpgao

Hi everybody,

I have a series of MR volumes which had been normalized into MNI space and plan to generate a mean MR volume with these data using 3D Slicer!

How can I access to the data once I load the volume to using 3D Slicer, is there any advice?

Thanks very much!

Best,

Wenpeng

Re: How to access the data?

lasso2

There are many ways of accessing and processing images in Slicer. I would recommend using VTK, SimpleITK, or numpy, see a few examples below.

VTK:

https://www.slicer.org/wiki/Documentation/Nightly/Developers/SlicerExecutionModel/Python

SimpleITK:

https://www.slicer.org/wiki/Documentation/Nightly/ScriptRepository#Running_an_ITK_filter_in_Python_using_SimpleITK

Numpy:

http://slicer-devel.65872.n3.nabble.com/VTK-volume-from-numpy-Array-VTK-volume-td4033216.html

I would not recommend to use Python for pixel-by-pixel processing, as it will several magnitudes slower than using any other option, but here is an example:

https://www.slicer.org/wiki/Documentation/Nightly/ScriptRepository#Modify_voxels_in_a_volume

Andras