How to launch Slicer with additional paths in MacOSX

How to launch Slicer with additional paths in MacOSX

Jorge Onieva
Hi!
I recall there was a way to start Slicer adding additional search paths (to be used for modules discovery). Does anybody know how to do it, and specially in MacOSX if I want to use the Slicer.app instead of the Slicer executable? Also, where are the additional paths settings stored? (for instance, when a new extension is added). It would be great if I could edit a .ini config file (or similar) to add my paths every time that the user starts Slicer normally.
Tx!
Jorge

Re: How to launch Slicer with additional paths in MacOSX

Isaiah Norton-2
Hi Jorge,

For local modules, see `--additional-module-paths` (in `Slicer --help`).
For extensions, this should happen automatically, if not there might be a bug in Slicer or the extension (CMake) code.

On Mac, the Slicer customized config, and any additional paths, are stored in `$HOME/.config/<a href="http://www.na-mic.org/Slicer-REVSION.ini`">www.na-mic.org/Slicer-REVSION.ini` (e.g. Slicer-25629.ini for nightly built from r25629).

Regarding .ini, in theory this is what `--launcher-additional-settings` is for, but I don't think it works correctly (at least not on Mac last time I tried, see [1]).

For reference I also link my local slicer launch script [2]. It sources the settings and runs Slicer.app binary directly (plus some other helpers).

Best,
Isaiah