ITK 4.11 upgrade broke numerous extensions

ITK 4.11 upgrade broke numerous extensions

andrey.fedorov
Hi,

following yesterday's upgrade of ITK (at least I suspect that is the
cause) many of the extensions are broken with the following error:

LINK : fatal error LNK1181: cannot open input file
'D:\D\N\Slicer-1-build\ITKv4-build\lib\Release\ITKVideoBridgeOpenCV-4.11.lib'

One example: http://slicer.cdash.org/viewBuildError.php?buildid=975874

Can ITK experts take a look at this? Was this target added inadvertently?

AF

Re: ITK 4.11 upgrade broke numerous extensions

Dzenan Zukic
If I remember correctly, with some recent changes to the build infrastructure, something needs to be updated manually (docker images?) when Slicer's dependencies are updated. Perhaps this is the cause?

Regards

Dženan Zukić, PhD, Senior R&D Engineer, Kitware (Carrboro, N.C.)

On Thu, Feb 23, 2017 at 11:30 AM, Andrey Fedorov <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

following yesterday's upgrade of ITK (at least I suspect that is the
cause) many of the extensions are broken with the following error:

LINK : fatal error LNK1181: cannot open input file
'D:\D\N\Slicer-1-build\ITKv4-build\lib\Release\ITKVideoBridgeOpenCV-4.11.lib'

One example: http://slicer.cdash.org/viewBuildError.php?buildid=975874

Can ITK experts take a look at this? Was this target added inadvertently?

AF

Re: ITK 4.11 upgrade broke numerous extensions

andrey.fedorov
Dženan, these are failures of the extensions on CDash, it should be
independent from docker images.

On Thu, Feb 23, 2017 at 12:15 PM, Dzenan Zukic <[hidden email]> wrote:

> If I remember correctly, with some recent changes to the build
> infrastructure, something needs to be updated manually (docker images?) when
> Slicer's dependencies are updated. Perhaps this is the cause?
>
> Regards
>
> Dženan Zukić, PhD, Senior R&D Engineer, Kitware (Carrboro, N.C.)
>
> On Thu, Feb 23, 2017 at 11:30 AM, Andrey Fedorov <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> following yesterday's upgrade of ITK (at least I suspect that is the
>> cause) many of the extensions are broken with the following error:
>>
>> LINK : fatal error LNK1181: cannot open input file
>>
>> 'D:\D\N\Slicer-1-build\ITKv4-build\lib\Release\ITKVideoBridgeOpenCV-4.11.lib'
>>
>> One example: http://slicer.cdash.org/viewBuildError.php?buildid=975874
>>
>> Can ITK experts take a look at this? Was this target added inadvertently?
>>
>> AF
>>
>> http://www.slicer.org/slicerWiki/index.php/Documentation/Nightly/Developers/FAQ

Re: ITK 4.11 upgrade broke numerous extensions

Dzenan Zukic
This blog post might be only related to pull request building? In that case my earlier message does not apply.

On Thu, Feb 23, 2017 at 12:16 PM, Andrey Fedorov <[hidden email]> wrote:
Dženan, these are failures of the extensions on CDash, it should be
independent from docker images.

On Thu, Feb 23, 2017 at 12:15 PM, Dzenan Zukic <[hidden email]> wrote:
> If I remember correctly, with some recent changes to the build
> infrastructure, something needs to be updated manually (docker images?) when
> Slicer's dependencies are updated. Perhaps this is the cause?
>
> Regards
>
> Dženan Zukić, PhD, Senior R&D Engineer, Kitware (Carrboro, N.C.)
>
> On Thu, Feb 23, 2017 at 11:30 AM, Andrey Fedorov <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> following yesterday's upgrade of ITK (at least I suspect that is the
>> cause) many of the extensions are broken with the following error:
>>
>> LINK : fatal error LNK1181: cannot open input file
>>
>> 'D:\D\N\Slicer-1-build\ITKv4-build\lib\Release\ITKVideoBridgeOpenCV-4.11.lib'
>>
>> One example: http://slicer.cdash.org/viewBuildError.php?buildid=975874
>>
>> Can ITK experts take a look at this? Was this target added inadvertently?
>>
>> AF
>>
>> http://www.slicer.org/slicerWiki/index.php/Documentation/Nightly/Developers/FAQ

Re: ITK 4.11 upgrade broke numerous extensions

Matt McCormick

There have been fixes to address OpenCV bridge compilation that are on
the ITK release branch:

  https://github.com/InsightSoftwareConsortium/ITK/commit/ed115d0e69877a9980775be6597a1fef1f0ebd25

that may address the compilation of ITKVideoBridgeOpenCV-4.11.lib.

-- we could update to the latest ITK release commit + the Slicer CPack commit.

Matt

<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> following yesterday's upgrade of ITK (at least I suspect that is the
> cause) many of the extensions are broken with the following error:
>
> LINK : fatal error LNK1181: cannot open input file
> 'D:\D\N\Slicer-1-build\ITKv4-build\lib\Release\ITKVideoBridgeOpenCV-4.11.lib'
>
> One example: http://slicer.cdash.org/viewBuildError.php?buildid=975874
>
> Can ITK experts take a look at this? Was this target added inadvertently?
>
> AF

Re: ITK 4.11 upgrade broke numerous extensions

andrey.fedorov
Matt,

ITKVideoBridgeOpenCV is not enabled by default, since OpenCV is not a
dependency of Slicer (it is for one of the extensions, which has been
building ITKVideoBridgeOpenCV bridge on its own). There are no
problems compiling ITKVideoBridgeOpenCV, because it is not enabled.

Could it be that somehow ITKVideoBridgeOpenCV ended up in the list of
ITK libraries linked, even when it is disabled in CMake?

AF

On Thu, Feb 23, 2017 at 12:18 PM, Matt McCormick
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> There have been fixes to address OpenCV bridge compilation that are on
> the ITK release branch:
>
>   https://github.com/InsightSoftwareConsortium/ITK/commit/ed115d0e69877a9980775be6597a1fef1f0ebd25
>
> that may address the compilation of ITKVideoBridgeOpenCV-4.11.lib.
>
> -- we could update to the latest ITK release commit + the Slicer CPack commit.
>
> Matt
>
> On Thu, Feb 23, 2017 at 11:30 AM, Andrey Fedorov
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> following yesterday's upgrade of ITK (at least I suspect that is the
>> cause) many of the extensions are broken with the following error:
>>
>> LINK : fatal error LNK1181: cannot open input file
>> 'D:\D\N\Slicer-1-build\ITKv4-build\lib\Release\ITKVideoBridgeOpenCV-4.11.lib'
>>
>> One example: http://slicer.cdash.org/viewBuildError.php?buildid=975874
>>
>> Can ITK experts take a look at this? Was this target added inadvertently?
>>
>> AF

Re: ITK 4.11 upgrade broke numerous extensions

Matt McCormick
Hi Andrey,

In the long term, this issue could be avoided by explicitly specifying
the ITK modules required when searching for ITK as a best practice:

  find_package(ITK COMPONENTS ITKCommon ITKRegistrationMethodsv4 [...])

In the short term, just addressing the build of ITKVideoBridgeOpenCV
will fix the problem.

HTH,
Matt

On Thu, Feb 23, 2017 at 12:25 PM, Andrey Fedorov
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Matt,
>
> ITKVideoBridgeOpenCV is not enabled by default, since OpenCV is not a
> dependency of Slicer (it is for one of the extensions, which has been
> building ITKVideoBridgeOpenCV bridge on its own). There are no
> problems compiling ITKVideoBridgeOpenCV, because it is not enabled.
>
> Could it be that somehow ITKVideoBridgeOpenCV ended up in the list of
> ITK libraries linked, even when it is disabled in CMake?
>
> AF
>
> On Thu, Feb 23, 2017 at 12:18 PM, Matt McCormick
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> There have been fixes to address OpenCV bridge compilation that are on
>> the ITK release branch:
>>
>>   https://github.com/InsightSoftwareConsortium/ITK/commit/ed115d0e69877a9980775be6597a1fef1f0ebd25
>>
>> that may address the compilation of ITKVideoBridgeOpenCV-4.11.lib.
>>
>> -- we could update to the latest ITK release commit + the Slicer CPack commit.
>>
>> Matt
>>
>> On Thu, Feb 23, 2017 at 11:30 AM, Andrey Fedorov
>> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> following yesterday's upgrade of ITK (at least I suspect that is the
>>> cause) many of the extensions are broken with the following error:
>>>
>>> LINK : fatal error LNK1181: cannot open input file
>>> 'D:\D\N\Slicer-1-build\ITKv4-build\lib\Release\ITKVideoBridgeOpenCV-4.11.lib'
>>>
>>> One example: http://slicer.cdash.org/viewBuildError.php?buildid=975874
>>>
>>> Can ITK experts take a look at this? Was this target added inadvertently?
>>>
>>> AF

Re: ITK 4.11 upgrade broke numerous extensions

Jean-Christophe Fillion-Robin
Hi Folks,

Problem has been identified and Slicer has been updated:

   http://viewvc.slicer.org/viewvc.cgi/Slicer4?view=revision&revision=25722

Additionally, an ITK issue has been created to document the workaround:

  https://issues.itk.org/jira/browse/ITK-3529

Thanks for your patience,
Jc

<[hidden email]> wrote:
> Matt,
>
> ITKVideoBridgeOpenCV is not enabled by default, since OpenCV is not a
> dependency of Slicer (it is for one of the extensions, which has been
> building ITKVideoBridgeOpenCV bridge on its own). There are no
> problems compiling ITKVideoBridgeOpenCV, because it is not enabled.
>
> Could it be that somehow ITKVideoBridgeOpenCV ended up in the list of
> ITK libraries linked, even when it is disabled in CMake?
>
> AF
>
> On Thu, Feb 23, 2017 at 12:18 PM, Matt McCormick
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> There have been fixes to address OpenCV bridge compilation that are on
>> the ITK release branch:
>>
>>   https://github.com/InsightSoftwareConsortium/ITK/commit/ed115d0e69877a9980775be6597a1fef1f0ebd25
>>
>> that may address the compilation of ITKVideoBridgeOpenCV-4.11.lib.
>>
>> -- we could update to the latest ITK release commit + the Slicer CPack commit.
>>
>> Matt
>>
>> On Thu, Feb 23, 2017 at 11:30 AM, Andrey Fedorov
>> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> following yesterday's upgrade of ITK (at least I suspect that is the
>>> cause) many of the extensions are broken with the following error:
>>>
>>> LINK : fatal error LNK1181: cannot open input file
>>> 'D:\D\N\Slicer-1-build\ITKv4-build\lib\Release\ITKVideoBridgeOpenCV-4.11.lib'
>>>
>>> One example: http://slicer.cdash.org/viewBuildError.php?buildid=975874
>>>
>>> Can ITK experts take a look at this? Was this target added inadvertently?
>>>
>>> AF

+1 919 869 8849