OpenIGT and Slicer

Christian Wohlschlager
Dear All of you !

   I got a Ocuilus Rift DK2 just want to use it with slicer could be a nice add on for Hospital Doktors dealing with MR and CT data and not having a Cave.
1. First Question is there a existing plug in or Add on for Slicer ?? ( i think so)
2. Can I maybe get it running with OpenIGTLink sending from Oculus Rift the Position Data and apply it to the Scene.

thank you

christian

dispose of the e-mail.

Re: OpenIGT and Slicer

lasso2

Hi Christian,

See some info, links to source code, etc. here:

http://slicer-devel.65872.n3.nabble.com/Oculus-Rift-td4032779.html

Oculus requires very tight integration with the rendering pipeline, so probably the current approach of using a C++ loadable module that directly communicates with the Oculus SDK to get pose and send images is better than going through OpenIGTLink.

Andras

dispose of the e-mail.

Re: OpenIGT and Slicer

Jean-Christophe Fillion-Robin
Hi Folks,

For future reference, I just added a "Device interoperability" section to the Developer FAQ.

See http://wiki.slicer.org/slicerWiki/index.php/Documentation/Nightly/Developers/FAQ#Developer_FAQ:_Device_interoperability

Thanks
Jc

--