OpenIGTLink with Arduino

banderie@asu.edu
Hello all,

I am trying to get Slicer to communicate with my Arduino. However, my PLUS server config file is not working. I am attempting to use this config file: https://app.assembla.com/spaces/plus/subversion/source/HEAD/trunk/PlusLibData/ConfigFiles/PlusDeviceSet_Server_GenericSerial.xml

When I run it, I get the following error: |ERROR|1044.934000|SERVER> Unable to start data sending. OutputChannelId not found: TrackerStream| in .\..\..\PlusLib\src\PlusServer\vtkPlusOpenIGTLinkServer.cxx(292).

I have compared this generic serial device config file to the config file I use with my Polaris Vicra, and the generic config file seems to be missing the line that defines the output channel. I am still learning how to create the server config files, and am not sure how to properly define the output channel. Do I need to define a DataSource within the output channel? What would this look like? All I want is to be able to send strings between my Slicer extension and Arduino. I would like to be able to trigger events in slicer using a button connected to my Arduino, and send intensity values to my Arduino from Slicer to control levels of haptic feedback driven by my Arduino.

Thanks and best regards,

Barrett

Re: OpenIGTLink with Arduino

Adam Rankin-2

Hello,

Discussion can be found here:

https://app.assembla.com/spaces/plus/messages/5786663

Cheers,

Adam

Re: OpenIGTLink with Arduino

banderie@asu.edu
Thank you!

--
Barrett Anderies
B.S.E. Biomedical Engineering | B.S. Mathematics