Pointer model and matlab function

lui8errador
Hello guys,

When I connect a tool via 'Plus Server' and 'OpenIGTLink' there's a model of the tool that appears. Does anyone know how can I get it when writing the code? I mean, I'm doing a Slicer module in Python that makes the same as OpenIGTLink, but I don't know how to get the tool model by code.

Another thing that I have to ask is if it is possible to use a MatLab function in Python. What I'm doing is create a Matlab module using the MatLabBridge Extension and then run this module in Python. Is there any way to do it without creating the MatLab module?

Thank you!