Problem with sockets

Tassilo Klein
Hi,

I have a problem using sockets via the daemon to access my slicer
application. I try to call some objects (e.g. separate KWWindow) but
nothing happens (no time out, calling other standard stuff from
Slicer3 e.g. zooming works however). However, when performing the same
command on the local Tcl interactor it works.

For name binding I used something like:
slicerApp->Script ("namespace eval slicer3 set TestObject %s",
TestObject->GetTclName());

Did I miss something for registering or is this only for the local Tcl
interactor?

Would appreciate some help,

Regards,
 Tassilo

Re: Problem with sockets

pieper
Administrator
Hi Tassilo -

Hmm, the slicer daemon and the tk console share the same tcl interp, so
you should be able to send the same string over the socket (prefixed
with 'eval') that you type into the console.

One thing you might try is connecting directly with something like:

   telnet localhost 18943

from there you can type commands to control slicer.  If you find
something not working, maybe post a little example script that shows
what's not working.  Perhaps there is a quoting issue.

Best,
Steve