Reference System

paolo
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: Reference System

Jean-Christophe Fillion-Robin
Hi Paolo,

In case you didn't find it, there are additional information here: http://www.slicer.org/slicerWiki/index.php/Documentation/4.3/FAQ#What_coordinate_systems_does_Slicer_use.3F

Hth
Jc

On Wed, Apr 30, 2014 at 11:59 AM, paolo <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

I would like to know how to determinate the Global reference system in
Slicer scene!
Is possible to set it or to modify it and how?
Please text me here a small example of this thing explaing me the
orientation of the three axis?
I'm using Python to do it.

Thanks

Paolo

dispose of the e-mail.

--
+1 919 869 8849

dispose of the e-mail.

Re: Reference System

Tamas Ungi-2
Hi Paolo,

There is no coordinate system in Slicer that is called Global. There is one called RAS. When you open Slicer, the middle of the pink wireframe box in the 3D view is at the origin of RAS. When a medical image is loaded in Slicer, it is oriented relative to the RAS coordinate system so the right hand of the patient is towards the R (first coordinate), the front of the patient is towards A (second coordinate). It's a right handed system.

If you want to visualize something, it is usually most convenient of you transform it to RAS, so it shows up relative to CT or MR images that you load in Slicer. When you hover your mouse over an image slicer (2D), the RAS coordinates are displayed in the lower left corner of the Slicer UI.

If you have a more specific problem, please provide details, so we can better help.

Cheers,
Tamas

I would like to know how to determinate the Global reference system in Slicer scene!
Is possible to set it or to modify it and how?
Please text me here a small example of this thing explaing me the orientation of the three axis?
I'm using Python to do it.

Thanks

Paolo

The information in this e-mail is intended only for the person to whom it is addressed. If you believe this e-mail was sent to you in error and the e-mail contains patient information, please contact the Partners Compliance HelpLine at http://www.partners.org/complianceline . If the e-mail was sent to you in error but does not contain patient information, please contact the sender and properly dispose of the e-mail.

dispose of the e-mail.

Re: Reference System