Slicer 3.4 HelloWorld

Chris Gorman
Hello,

I am trying to do the Programming in Slicer3 tutorial http://www.slicer.org/slicerWiki/index.php/Slicer3.4:Training  and have run into a problem with the build steps.  I have modified my CMakeLists.txt as described and am now trying to run cmake on the directory.  When I do this I get the following results.

CMake Error at /Users/chrisgorman/src/medical-imaging/Slicer3-build/Libs/GenerateCLP/UseGenerateCLP.cmake:35 (get_filename_component):
  get_filename_component called with incorrect number of arguments
Call Stack (most recent call first):
  CMakeLists.txt:18 (generateclp)

I am quite new to cmake so I'm not sure how to debug this.  Where do I correct the number of arguments passed to get_filename_component?  Can I do something in my CMakeLists.txt file to correct this? Since it's such a short file I'm including my CMakeLists.txt in case I've made an error with it.  I apologize if this question has been asked and answered.  I looked for a way to search the slicer-devel mailing list and couldn't find one.  (Short of downloading all the emails and running grep on them.)

Thanks.

Chris Gorman

CMakeLists.txt (717 bytes) Download Attachment

Re: Slicer 3.4 HelloWorld

pieper
Administrator
Hi Chris -

I'm guessing issue might be a missing "P" on this line:

 > set(${CLP}_SOURCE ${CL}.cxx)

HTH!

Regarding the lists, yes, for reasons specific to the hospital
administration, slicer's email archives, while publicly visible are not
indexed by search engines (go figure...)

Recently, Andriy suggested subscribing via nabble so now there are
searchable archives at these links:

http://n3.nabble.com/slicer-devel-f65872.html
http://n3.nabble.com/slicer-users-f65878.html

They only go back a few weeks, but will eventually get populated.  Still
not sure how to expose the older archives...

Best,
Steve

Chris Gorman wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am trying to do the Programming in Slicer3 tutorial
> http://www.slicer.org/slicerWiki/index.php/Slicer3.4:Training  and have
> run into a problem with the build steps.  I have modified my
> CMakeLists.txt as described and am now trying to run cmake on the
> directory.  When I do this I get the following results.
>
> CMake Error at
> /Users/chrisgorman/src/medical-imaging/Slicer3-build/Libs/GenerateCLP/UseGenerateCLP.cmake:35
> (get_filename_component):
>   get_filename_component called with incorrect number of arguments
> Call Stack (most recent call first):
>   CMakeLists.txt:18 (generateclp)

> I am quite new to cmake so I'm not sure how to debug this.  Where do I
> correct the number of arguments passed to get_filename_component?  Can I
> do something in my CMakeLists.txt file to correct this? Since it's such
> a short file I'm including my CMakeLists.txt in case I've made an error
> with it.  I apologize if this question has been asked and answered.  I
> looked for a way to search the slicer-devel mailing list and couldn't
> find one.  (Short of downloading all the emails and running grep on them.)
>
> Thanks.
>
> Chris Gorman

Re: Slicer 3.4 HelloWorld

Chris Gorman
Ha!  That will teach me to use cut and paste instead of typing between documents.  (I should have learned that along time ago.)  Unfortunately the error persists.

I'll try searching the lists.  Thanks Steve.

Chris Gorman
On 2009-12-18, at 4:17 PM, Steve Pieper wrote:

> Hi Chris -
>
> I'm guessing issue might be a missing "P" on this line:
>
> > set(${CLP}_SOURCE ${CL}.cxx)
>
> HTH!
>
> Regarding the lists, yes, for reasons specific to the hospital administration, slicer's email archives, while publicly visible are not indexed by search engines (go figure...)
>
> Recently, Andriy suggested subscribing via nabble so now there are searchable archives at these links:
>
> http://n3.nabble.com/slicer-devel-f65872.html
> http://n3.nabble.com/slicer-users-f65878.html
>
> They only go back a few weeks, but will eventually get populated.  Still not sure how to expose the older archives...
>
> Best,
> Steve
>

> Chris Gorman wrote:
>> Hello,
>> I am trying to do the Programming in Slicer3 tutorial http://www.slicer.org/slicerWiki/index.php/Slicer3.4:Training  and have run into a problem with the build steps.  I have modified my CMakeLists.txt as described and am now trying to run cmake on the directory.  When I do this I get the following results.
>> CMake Error at /Users/chrisgorman/src/medical-imaging/Slicer3-build/Libs/GenerateCLP/UseGenerateCLP.cmake:35 (get_filename_component):
>>  get_filename_component called with incorrect number of arguments
>> Call Stack (most recent call first):
>>  CMakeLists.txt:18 (generateclp)
>> -- Configuring incomplete, errors occurred!
>> I am quite new to cmake so I'm not sure how to debug this.  Where do I correct the number of arguments passed to get_filename_component?  Can I do something in my CMakeLists.txt file to correct this? Since it's such a short file I'm including my CMakeLists.txt in case I've made an error with it.  I apologize if this question has been asked and answered.  I looked for a way to search the slicer-devel mailing list and couldn't find one.  (Short of downloading all the emails and running grep on them.)
>> Thanks.
>> Chris Gorman

Re: Slicer 3.4 HelloWorld

Chris Gorman
Hello,

Sorry to post to an old thread, but I finally found the error.  I didn't have time to look at this for a while which is why  the resolution is so late.

To recap the error was

CMake Error at /Users/chrisgorman/src/medical-imaging/Slicer3-build/Libs/GenerateCLP/UseGenerateCLP.cmake:35 (get_filename_component):
  get_filename_component called with incorrect number of arguments
Call Stack (most recent call first):
  CMakeLists.txt:18 (generateclp)

This was caused by the line in HelloWorld/CMakeLists.txt

generateclp(${CLP}_SOURCE${CLP}.xml)

A small fix to add the space between the two filenames and it works.

generateclp(${CLP}_SOURCE ${CLP}.xml)

Thanks

Chris Gorman