Will the next stable release update my extension

Will the next stable release update my extension

CoolZiyang
Here is my question. Our group has updated our extension in github and I let the new s4ext files (Only scmrevision is updated) merged in both 4.6 and master (nightly-build) of ExtensionIndex. Now we can add our latest extension NeedleFinder from Extension Manager to 4.7 but not 4.6. So how can I have it updated in 4.6.2 or I can only have it updated when 4.6.3 comes to a stable release?