slicer in windows xp 32bit

Yanling Liu
Hello I get a error when runnig Slicer 3.4.1 or latest Slicer 3.5 snapshot on windows xp 32bit:

couldn't execute "C:\Slicer3.5\bin\Slicer3-real.exe": invalid argument

Error message in details also attached.

Yanling

slicer error.png (62K) Download Attachment

Re: slicer in windows xp 32bit

Yanling Liu
An update:

Slicer 3.4 (May, 2009) works
Slicer 3.4.1 (Sept, 2009) does not work
Slicer 3.5 (Nov. 1st, 2009) does not work

On Fri, Dec 4, 2009 at 10:41 AM, Dave Partyka <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Yanling Liu, This appears to be due to a missing vtk.exe in the latest nightly installer. I will take a look to see if I can find the reason why.

On Fri, Dec 4, 2009 at 9:08 AM, Yanling Liu <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hello I get a error when runnig Slicer 3.4.1 or latest Slicer 3.5 snapshot on windows xp 32bit:

couldn't execute "C:\Slicer3.5\bin\Slicer3-real.exe": invalid argument

Error message in details also attached.

Yanling

Re: slicer in windows xp 32bit

pieper
Administrator
Hi Guys -

This 'invalid argument' error cropping up with version 3.4.1 has been
reported to me before on a machine at Dana Farber and I've done some
research but haven't figured anything out.  Here's a summary of the
other case so we can pool our efforts on this.

* The problem exists on a windows xp machine administered by Partners
Healthcare (so the user did not have administrative rights when running
the installer).  We confirmed that a different Partners XP machine did
not have the problem, but we don't know what is different about the one
that does show the problem.

* Running procmon (from sysinternals.com) and watching the activity of
Slicer3-real.exe indicated that it was failing when trying to access the
c:\windows\prefetch directory.  There did not appear to be a permission
issue, but still the process was failing to start after a problem
associated with the prefetch.

* Other machines tested, running XP, vista, windows 7, do not have this
problem.  So it is possibly related to a virus scanner or some similar
machine-specific configuration.

So - Yanling - a few questions: do you have administrator access to the
machine?  Does installing with adminstrator rights make any difference?
    Are there other machines you can test where 3.4.1 does work?  Any
other "unique" aspects of the machine you are testing?

(Sorry for grasping at straws here, but this one is very tricky to
figure out...)

Thanks,
Steve